SMR-29 Urethane Seam Sealant Adhesive is a super high performance product for use on
many auto body sealing and bonding applications. Late model automobiles depend largely
on the outer body strength to provide a solid feel and overall vehicle integrity. SMR-29
Urethane Sealant allows the same product to be used in sealing and bonding therefore
eliminating the need for several products and simplifying repair procedures. SMR-29 cures
with moisture from the atmosphere so there is no solvent to flash and cause shrinkage. After
a short exposure time, sealer can be painted without cracking. Sealer will continue to cure
even after paint has been applied.
Standing beads where no shrinkage is desired
Where bonding surfaces as well as sealing is necessary
Bonds holds, door skins, deck-lids, roof skins to reinforcements
Bonding aluminum panels to metal, fiberglass and plastic
Bonds al hard plastics (i.e. FRP, SMC, ABS, TPO, etc.)
Attach emblems, body side moldings, other trim parts
Attach custom or factory ground effects
1. Clean surfaces thoroughly with solvent
2. Allow solvent to flash completely
3. Thoroughly sand surfaces with at least 80 grit paper
4. Apply sealant as needed. Avoid air pockets
5. Smooth with solvent or soapy water immediately
6. Can be sanded to a smooth finish in eight hours
7. Do not immerse in water for 2 to 3 hours
8. Do not tool with enamel reducer or solutions with alcohol
9. Allow 30-60 minutes cure before baking. Do not use heat lamp.
10. Can be painted in 45 minutes
Aluminum, steel, galvanized, fiberglass, many plastics, wood, FRP, SMC, ABS
1. Surface must be clean of all dirt, grease and oil
2. Apply SMR-29 sealant to primed or painted surface and tool as needed
3. For bonding metal, fiberglass, etc. apply ample sealant/adhesive between panels. Surface
should be sanded with 80 grit paper. Initial cure in 1 hour. Full cure in 48-72 hours.
4. When painting is necessary, paint should be applied within 8 hours. SMR-29 can be painted in
45 minutes regardless of thickness. SMR-29 can be sanded after cured.
Note: Do not apply undercoating directly over SMR-29 Sealant. Undercoatings will not dry over this
seam sealer unless a primer is applied first.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Flows Easily from tube, brush smooth for a sealed seam. Excellent Adhesion
I've used many Brands and this is one of the best I've ever used!! Price is by far less than other brands.